Saturday, July 5, 2008

Queen of the Office



No, this won't turn into a major kitty-cat blog. I'm fond of the furry girl, but she's not the center of the universe. Despite the fact that she's sitting smack-dab in the middle of my desk, sunbathing in golden lamplight, the family pix mere peripherals, and my book-in-progress under her front paws. She's not the center of the universe. Not.

But she is a literary cat. She must always sit on paper, steal pens out of my hand, march across the keyboard, lie in wait with twitching tail in front of the printer as if at a mousehole, and would insert her entire self into that machine if she could. She thinks it's alive.

No, she's not the center of the universe. But maybe she's a kiddie-lit kitty? A kitty litter-ary?

Or maybe I should just get back to work?

3 comments:

Angie Frazier said...

This is exactly where my cats like to sit too. One of them even waits until I have a picture book open to read to my girls, then sprawls all over it! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

Brenda said...

Cats do have a personality all their own...

She's a pretty kitty...and I can tell she's not the center of the universe...wink, wink...

Lilfix (blueboard)

Angela Ackerman said...

*whispers* Don't let her hear you say she's not the center of the universe...

Lovely cat. Makes me miss my sweet Hobbes...